Events & Visits
Helena is available for a limited number of visits to schools, libraries, conferences and other events. Please inquire at email@example.com for further details.
Here’s a Tweet from Seoul Foreign School regarding Helena’s visit to the British Division:
And a lovely note from the school librarian at Seoul Foreign School regarding Helena’s visit: “I really enjoyed having you at SFS. Honestly you were one of my best author visits during my 20 years at SFS. Kids still talk about you.” –Janet H., School Librarian
(Additional feedback is at the end of this webpage)
SOME PAST EVENTS:
- Author Visit, Monte Vista Elementary School, La Crescenta.
- Author Visit, Monterey Hills Elementary School, South Pasadena.
- Guest Author for Día de los Niños (flyer to the right), Santa Monica Public Library – Montana Branch, Santa Monica.
- Read Across America Event, Dr. Sammy Lee Medical & Health Science Magnet Elementary, Los Angeles.
- Panelist, California School Library Association Conference.
- Author Visit, The Carlthorp School, Santa Monica.
- Guest Author, Los Angeles Public Library Winter Author Series, Pio Pico Branch (Koreatown) Branch.
- Guest Author, Los Angeles Public Library Winter Author Series, Palms-Rancho Park Branch.
- Guest Author, Princeville Public Library, Island of Kaua’i, Hawaii.
- Author Visit, Seoul Foreign School – British Division, Seoul, South Korea.
- Back-to-School Event, Children’s Book World, Los Angeles.
- Visiting Author, Santa Monica Writer’s Workshop.
- Book Launch Event, Books of Wonder, NYC, New York.
Some additional feedback from Helena’s events:
“You did a great job with the kids and your presentation was amazing! You are definitely operating within your life’s calling.” Romondo L. (Los Angeles Public Library)
“Your story was truly inspiring! I know you have planted a special seed in our students’ hearts. We hope to see you again with your new book.” Rebecca K. (Teacher, Monte Vista School)
“Helena gave a wonderful presentation to the 1st through 4th grade students at my school! The students were fascinated to learn about the history of the Korean turtle ship. They enjoyed hearing about her writing process and learning how The Turtle Ship was created.” Nicky M. (Head Librarian, Carlthorp School)
“I attended the book reading you did several weeks ago at the Palms Rancho Library. My older son, age five, adores your book! I wanted to let you know that I am the ‘mystery’ reader at my son’s school tomorrow and plan to surprise him by reading this book. What a wonderful book. Just wanted to let you know the joy it has brought our family…and hopefully more children tomorrow!” Emily P. (Audience Member, Palms Rancho Park branch of the Los Angeles Public Library)
A lovely thank you card from the Monte Vista School.